A white picket fence has become a symbol of wholesome, American, family living. While picket fences where traditionally made of wood, they have evolved to include new materials like vinyl. There are a number of good reasons for choosing a picket fence, including its charming appearance and added curb appeal. You'll certainly want to consider picket fencing when shopping for your next fence.
Benefits of picket fencing
1. Aesthetics. Picket fencing has a retro, 1950s style that adds charm to any property, no matter the architectural style. While white is the traditional color, picket fencing comes in a wide range of colors, including everything from dark gray and black to ecru and white.
2. Curb appeal. The sleek, wholesome charm of a white picket fence will add curb appeal to your home. Not only will it make your house more attractive to guests and visitors, but it will be more enticing to potential home buyers when it comes time to put your house on the market. Good curb appeal can often make the difference between a potential buyer making an appointment to view the inside of your house or driving on by.
3. Security. A picket fence adds a high degree of security to your property without looking harsh and unwelcoming. For a pool area, a picket fence keeps the area secure from wandering kids and pets, while still allowing you to see inside the area to keep an eye on your children when they are in the pool.
4. Easy installation. White vinyl picket fencing comes in easy-to-install sections. There's no need for cutting and piecing fencing together. A good fencing contractor can have a picket fence installed on most properties in a day or two. That translates into lower installation costs than you'd find with a wooden or iron fence.
5. Low maintenance. It's easy to keep a vinyl picket fence looking sharp for years to come. This type of fencing doesn't require painting or staining like many other types of fencing, nor is it subject to rot, insect damage, or stains. All you really need to do to keep your vinyl picket fence looking like new is to spray it with a garden hose periodically to get rid of cobwebs and dirt.
While a picket fence may not be the right choice for every family, this type of fencing is very attractive, will add good curb appeal to your property, and is very secure without being foreboding. Contact a fence contractor to learn more about picket fences.Share
23 April 2020
When you start thinking about different ways to make your property better, you should think carefully about reaching out to a fence contractor for help. Fence contractors are skilled at helping you to construct a sturdy, beautiful fence that will work with the exterior of your home. However, since it can be tricky to choose a contractor, it is important to know what you are looking for. Think carefully about which contractors in your area are offering the kinds of fences you are looking for, and work with them carefully. Talk with them about what they are able to offer you, and what they can do to help. Choosing a fence should be fun and interesting.