If you've been shopping for a new fence, you know you can quickly get overwhelmed by all of the choices of fencing material on the market today. There's everything from traditional wooden fencing to newer aluminum and vinyl fencing. One material that you may not have considered, but should, is the tried and true favorite--wrought iron fencing. This type of fencing has been adorning properties for centuries. It's easy to see why is still on the market after all of this time. Wrought iron fences are not only beautiful, but also very durable. However, these are just two of the many good reasons for considering a wrought iron fence.
Benefits of choosing wrought iron fencing
1. Aesthetics. Wrought iron fencing is one of the most attractive types of fencing on the market. Each segment is hand-hammered to create an elegant, old world look. This type of fencing adapts and adds charm to most any type of architecture.
2. Durability. Another key advantage of wrought iron fencing is its durability. Iron isn't subject to rot or insect infestations like wooden fencing can be. In addition, it can withstand all but the most powerful storms without damage. A good wrought iron fence, properly installed, can last a lifetime.
3. Green. One advantage to wrought iron fencing that you may not have considered is that this type of fencing is eco-friendly. Not only does its durability mean that you won't have to replace your fence anytime soon, wrought iron fencing can be easily recycled and re-purposed, further reducing your household's carbon footprint.
4. Low maintenance. Wrought iron fencing requires very little effort to keep it looking good. You won't have to worry about fence panels being damaged or blowing over in severe weather. All your wrought iron fence requires to look its best is a fresh coat of paint every few years.
5. Security. A wrought iron fence is extremely difficult to climb over, especially if you top your posts with spear-like finials. In addition, wrought iron fencing is all but impossible to break into, especially if your fence has a tight pattern with posts that are relatively close together.
While a wrought iron fence may not be the right choice for every homeowner, this type of fence is undeniably beautiful, lasts for decades and requires little maintenance to keep it looking sharp. Wrought iron is certainly worth considering for your next fence.Share
24 April 2020
When you start thinking about different ways to make your property better, you should think carefully about reaching out to a fence contractor for help. Fence contractors are skilled at helping you to construct a sturdy, beautiful fence that will work with the exterior of your home. However, since it can be tricky to choose a contractor, it is important to know what you are looking for. Think carefully about which contractors in your area are offering the kinds of fences you are looking for, and work with them carefully. Talk with them about what they are able to offer you, and what they can do to help. Choosing a fence should be fun and interesting.